Nursing in Hong Kong is a licensed profession. The Nursing Council of Hong Kong registers nurses to ensure system and quality in job. If you are the one looking for a job as a nurse in Hong Kong then this article will help you to understand what all should be done to get a nurse job.
In this article, we will talk about the education, skills and job description and salary for registered nurse that will help you how to pursue a successful career in to nursing in Hong Kong: –
Education is the key: –
All nursing courses in Hong Kong have to approved by the Nursing Council of Hong Kong. Hong Kong has a lot of good universities, Approved Post-Secondary colleges, Nursing Schools, Public Hospitals and private hospitals where training and education can be taken in the best possible manner.
The recognized educational institutions for nursing are listed below: –
- University of Hong Kong
- Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Open University of Hong Kong
- Tuen Mun Hospital
- Queen Mary Hospital
- Kowloon Hospital
- Tung Wah Hospital
- United Christian Hospital
Though A degree in nursing does guarantee a job, considering that the nurse-patient ratio in the country is still not good, but one needs to acquire hands-on skills, which he can best learn by working in a reputed hospital for three to four years. Through this one may become an efficient nurse and grow in life. Also, a vast gap prevails between theory and practical, when curriculum of nursing colleges are taken into consideration. A lot needs to get better. All in all, the nurses here have to go through tough on-the-job training and put in more effort to unlearn traditional practices.
You may also read: 10 To-Dos Before You Move for Work
Skills and Traits: –
Nursing job requires a high level of dedication and affection with the work. Not only the work should be a motivator but also should be of prime importance in persons life if he opts for the career. The person who starts with this job he/she should be culturally connected, emotionally balanced, professional, compassionate, good in time management. Along with these here are a few more skills needed for this job these are: –
- Listening Actively— provide complete consideration to what other people are saying to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness— Being aware of others’ reactions and responses and figure out why they react as they do.
- Service Orientation— Actively looking for best ways to help people.
- Speaking— Speaking with others to transfer information effectively.
- Coordination— Adjusting new ways in relation to others’ actions.
Job Role Expectation
In Hong Kong nurse jobs are critical and hence the expectation is high, they are generally expected to Assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records. Administer nursing care to ill, injured, recovering, or disabled patients. May advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management. Licensing or registration required.
Job designations for nurse jobs
Charge Nurse, Director of Nursing, Emergency Department Registered Nurse Oncology Registered Nurse, Operating Room Registered Nurse, Public Health Nurse, Registered Nurse, School Nurse, Staff Nurse, Staff Registered Nurse.
Salary Benefits for Nurse Jobs in Hong Kong
- An early career Registered Nurse (RN) with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of HK$351,752 based on 15 salaries.
- A mid-career Registered Nurse (RN) with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of HK$397,990 based on 15 salaries.
- An experienced Registered Nurse (RN) with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of HK$405,880 based on 11 salaries.
- In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of HK$100,000.
So, this article is a complete guide sheet if u want to purse a career of a registered nurse in Hong Kong. If you are looking for a nurse job in Hong Kong follow the check list and take education and experience as demanded in the country.